• Post-graduate in International Trade and Finance, Fundação Getulio Vargas - FGV (1995).
• Post-graduate in Financial Management, Fundação Getulio Vargas - FGV (1992).
• Bachelor of Law, Faculdade de Direito Candido Mendes - UCAM (1984).
Master em environmental Auditing.
• Stroeter & Royster Advogados associated with Steel Hector & Davis LLP: Partner in charge of Environmental Law and Energy (2002 - 2005).
• Castro, Barros, Sobral, Gomes Advogados: Partner in charge of Environmental Law and Energy (1997 - 2002).
• Companhia Vale do Rio Doce: Lawyer responsible for environmental and financial contracts (1988 -1997).
• Environmental Auditor at Arthur D. Little Center for Environmental Assurance, Boston (1992).
• Globo Comunicações e Participações S.A. - Globopar: Lawyer responsible for Litigation (1984 - 1988).
• Environmental audits in hydroelectric, thermoelectric, transmission lines, pipelines, mining and chemical industries.
• Environmental licensing process for infrastructure projects (ports, railways, power plants, transmission lines, pipelines and oil platforms).
• Environmental due diligence for acquisition, merger and privatization.
• Practice in civil actions in defence of infrastructure projects.
• Negotiation of environmental clauses in International financing contracts.
• Visiting Professor of Environmental Law at Fundação Getulio Vargas and Instituto Brasileiro de Petróleo, Gás e Biocombustíveis – IBP.
• Member of the Committee on Energy and Environment of the American Chamber of Commerce - AMCHAM; Brazilian Institute of Public Advocates, International Bar Association, the Brazilian Institute of Studies and Energy Law - IBDE, and collaborator for PETROBRAS Environmental Management Plan (PEGASUS – 2000).
• Several articles and papers on environment, energy and oil published in Brazil and abroad.